When: Saturday, May 18th – Signup at 10am
Where: California Avenue and 9th Street, Marina, CA
MORCA will guide two bike excursions that begin and end at the Marina Equestrian Center during the Fort Ord Warhorse Day event.
– Bring your own bike or rent one from Bay Bikes, 831-655-BIKE.
– Registration, waiver, and helmet are required.
– Meet in fenced area at corner of California (5th Ave) and 9th at 10am (look for the MORCA and Bay Bikes tents).
– Dismount your bike while at the event for safety.
– Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Ride to Comanche’s Grave: 11-mile tour of old Fort Ord goes to Fort Ord Dunes State Park, Stilwell Hall beach overlook, and Fort Ord National Monument. Stops at WWII-era sports center (now Water City Roller Hockey) and Comanche’s Grave. Pace is relaxed, terrain is hilly. Good fitness is a must (not appropriate for extremely small children or push bikes); dress in layers and wear sunscreen. Road bikers should be aware that the Jerry Smith Corridor and a short section of trail to/from Comanche’s Grave is included.
Peewee Ride/walk 1-mile to Water City Roller Hockey sports center for treat and rollerskating demo.
Directions: From Hwy 1, exit Imjin Pkwy, R on California, R on 9th to park.